June 7th, 2012
June 7, 2012 Peter Morici News & Analysis
Friday, the Commerce Department is expected to report the deficit on international trade in goods and services was $49.3 billion in April, down from $51.8 billion in March.
- Samsung Elec says second quarter operating profit likely down 4 percent year on year July 6, 2015SEOUL (Reuters) - Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Tuesday that operating profit for the April-June quarter will likely be 6.9 trillion won ($6.13 billion), down 4 percent from a year earlier. This was worse than the 7.2 trillion won average forecast from a Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S survey of 39 analysts. (Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Mic […]
- Microsoft has $500K in prize money for HoloLens science projects July 6, 2015Microsoft wowed me a few weeks ago with its internal HoloLens programs, but like we've seen with Kinect, the coolest uses aren't always the ones Redmond devised. To help make more applications a reality, ... […]
- Laser projection creates galloping horse movie on the clouds July 6, 2015A bright green horse was projected across the sky over Nottingham late last month. It wasn't a Bat-Signal-style projection that was made from a searchlight on the ground. Instead, the silhouette of a rider ... […]
- Boeing says loss of Ex-Im Bank would be competitive disadvantage July 6, 2015Loss of U.S. Export-Import Bank financing would put Boeing Co at a "huge competitive disadvantage" since its rivals still have access to such financing support, the head of the company's commercial aircraft division told reporters on Monday. Ray Conner, president of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, said Boeing was seeking to reassure its customers […]
- Apple Stores to carry third-party accessories in custom boxes July 6, 2015Apple is well-known for being very particular about its packaging... and it apparently cares about other companies' packaging, too. According to 9to5Mac, the tech giant is telling retail staff that it ... […]