June 7th, 2012
June 7, 2012 Peter Morici News & Analysis
Friday, the Commerce Department is expected to report the deficit on international trade in goods and services was $49.3 billion in April, down from $51.8 billion in March.
- BTG Pactual redemptions rise in day after CEO arrest: source November 26, 2015Clients stepped up withdrawals from Grupo BTG Pactual SA's money management unit on Thursday, according to a source with knowledge of the bank's strategy, as Latin America's largest independent investment bank tries to contain fallout from the arrest of its top executive. Outflows reached a cumulative 3.5 percent of assets under management over the past […]
- NASA to test sugary bacteria as space-based power source November 26, 2015Following its successful harvest of red leaf lettuce, NASA has announced plans to launch genetically engineered bacteria into orbit to see if they can be harnessed by future astronauts as potent survival ...
- Mozilla says it doesn't need Google's cash to survive November 26, 2015For many years, Firefox's survival was tied into how generous the folks over at Google were feeling, since the company effectively bankrolled the browser. Times have changed, and in an interview with CNET, ...
- Two-decade Pfizer mission pays off for Guggenheim's deal king November 26, 2015LONDON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Alan Schwartz knows how to play a long game. The executive chairman of boutique investment bank Guggenheim Partners spent almost 20 years cultivating Pfizer boss Ian Read as a client. Schwartz, 65, had been working with Read since 2013 to find a European-registered company with which U.S. firm Pfizer could combine […]
- Merck plans to sell its allergy business unit to cut debt: Bloomberg November 26, 2015(Reuters) - German drugs and chemicals maker Merck KGaA is planning to sell its allergy business, Allergopharma, Bloomberg reported, citing sources.