June 7th, 2012
June 7, 2012 Peter Morici News & Analysis
Friday, the Commerce Department is expected to report the deficit on international trade in goods and services was $49.3 billion in April, down from $51.8 billion in March.
- Wall Street reverses course to trade lower as health stocks drag April 27, 2015The S&P Healthcare index was down 1.32 percent, with Amgen's 3 percent drop to $163.02 the biggest drag on both the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq. The Nasdaq Biotech index was down 3.5 percent as Celladon plunged about 81 percent to a record low of $2.62. U.S. Food and Drug Administration staff reviewers said Amgen's skin cancer immunotherapy cann […]
- Want the best Apple Watch display? Get a Sport model April 27, 2015Splurging on a gold or steel Apple Watch might get you a fancier timepiece, but there's one thing you won't get: the best possible display. DisplayMate has taken a close look at the OLED screen in the ... […]
- Google launches Patent Purchase Promotion program April 27, 2015Still described as an "experiment" at this point in time, the hub is a bit of a spin on the countless cloud-based app stores popping up. […]
- French IT firm Cap Gemini to buy U.S. rival IGATE for $4 billion April 27, 2015By Emelia Sithole-Matarise and Cyril Altmeyer PARIS (Reuters) - Cap Gemini SA , a French information technology services company, said it will buy U.S.-based rival IGATE Corp for $4 billion in a deal that would make North America into its biggest market and hand IGATE's founders a $1 billion windfall. Cap Gemini also raised its 2015 sales forecast on Mo […]
- ESPN sues Verizon over new 'skinny bundles' for cable TV April 27, 2015The lawsuit comes after Verizon unveiled new bundles that allow customers to choose specific packages of channels that can be swapped every 30 days. […]